Welcome to the law office of Dr. Jorge Diaz Cardenas.

Located in Bogota Colombia, our bi-lingual law firm specializes in all areas of International law pertaining to Colombia, U.S. and other countries.

We have years of experience assisting citizens of the U.S. and Colombia in obtaining both the K-1 fiance visas, and K-5 marriage visas.

We are located in Bogota Colombia near the U.S. Embassy; we are also bi-lingual to assist in both languages if necessary.

Contact our office now!

K1/K2 Colombia/U.S. Fiance Visa Bi-Lingual Bogota Colombia Attorney

K1/K2 fiance visas for Colombia U.S. citizens, bi-lingual Bogota Colombia Attorney can prepare your fiance visa using a knowledgeable notary familiar with current laws, bi-lingual court certified translator, attorney & excellent service, reasonable fees, 30+ years experience providing International legal services.

The International law office of Lawyer Dr. Jorge Diaz Cardenas has over 30 years experience proving legal services for Colombia and the International community.

What is a Fiance Visa? K1/K2

This information is a guide to help U.S. citizens understand the U.S. fiance visa that is required for a U.S. citizen to marry a Colombian. It does not discuss how to obtain a K1/K2 visa for your fiance to travel to the United States for marriage as this is a lengthy subject and process. For fiance visa information, please contact Attorney Dr. Diaz with any questions you may have.

The fiance visa K-1 visa is a non immigrant visa. The process is similar to that of an immigrant visa, however, the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy handles Colombia Fiance Visas for citizens marrying a Colombian. The fiance visa is for foreigners who wish to marry a U.S. citizen in the United States and then become legal permanent residents without having to leave the United States. K-2 visas are for the children of K-1 applicants.

How Long Does it Take to Process a Fiance visa?

If anyone tells you that they can process your fiance visa in as little as a few weeks or in 1-3 months, they are not being honest. Here is the USCIS official webpage that will explain how long it is now taking to process your fiance visa: [Fiance Visa Processing Times]

Having the visa done incorrectly with errors or missing documents can greatly increase the processing time.

Attorney Dr. Diaz has over 30 yrs. International law experience in all phases of the law, he is experienced with working with the U.S. Embassy and can assist in processing your visa without error, he is a court certified bi-lingual translator and can work with you and your fiance so everyone is on the same page.

How to obtain a fiance K-1 visa?

The U.S. citizen must file a Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance) with necessary supporting document with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Service Center in the United States with jurisdiction over their place of residence. If the U.S. citizen is living outside of the United States, he or she must file the petition by mail at the USCIS Service Center in the United States with jurisdiction over his or her place of last residence in the United States. Lawyer Dr. Diaz can help you in all areas necessary with your fiance visa.

If approved, The USCIS forwards the petition to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, which then sends it to the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Colombia. The Immigrant Visa Unit will send your fiance a package of instructions for K-1 & K-2 applicants.

The instructions will include documents needed and a list of all the supporting documents needed, this can be a very overwhelming situation to most people, especially to a foreigner that does not understand that for the U.S. Government, everything must be done correctly or the visa will be denied.

The U.S. Embassy cannot make a decision to issue a fiance visa until you formally apply and your fiance is interviewed. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you seek a knowledgeable person to assist with the process. The office of Attorney Dr. Diaz has on staff a court certified translator to assist both you and your fiance.

When the fiance visa is approved, you will have ninety (90) days from entry into the United States in which to marry your U.S. citizen fiance. After your marriage takes place in the United States, you and your wife must contact USCIS to change your status to that of legal permanent resident. The change of status is NOT automatic.

Dr. Jorge Diaz Cardenas – International Attorney

Law-firm-of-Dr-Jorge Diaz-Cardenas-2
Telephone: Washington, D.C.: 1-202-387-8338
Colombia: 011-57-1-6192941

Contact the OfficeE-mail or Telephone Us to Schedule a Free Consultation.

How We Can Help

  • Family Law

  • Civil Litigation

  • Personal Injury

  • Business Law

  • Real Estate Law

  • Immigration Law